7. Common Mood Issues in Older Adults
About this course World Health Organization stated, “Mental health is a state of well-being in which an individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and is able to make a contribution to his or her community”. Mood issue is a continuum from normal emotional response to clinical disorder. We should pay attention to the emotional and mood issues of elderly and provide necessary support to them. What you can do if you suspect the elder has mood issue? In this course, a real case scenario will help you understand how you can help older adult to cope with mood issue.
1. Mr. O and His Family
2. How Can Community Resources Help?
3. Self-care Approaches for Elders to Overcome Depressive Mood: Be Happy Elders
4. How can Family Members and Friends Help Retirees With Depression?
5. Demand on Your Care – Elders with Mood Issues